Check out this online Google+ Hangout Presentation of Social Media in Libraries.
Here are the key highlights I took from this presentation.
Social media accounts Mentioned in presentation
- Cincinnati Library – Facebook | Twitter
- Chicago Library – Facebook | Twitter
- Multnomah County Library – Facebook | Twitter
- Douglas County Library – Facebook | Twitter
- Authors are active on Twitter and a great place to reach place to reach out to if you have a author program at your library.
- Post at least 5 tweets a day.
- Have conversations, but be human and not boring.
- When to post – 5pm for Retweets. 12p, & 6pm for Click Through Rates (CTR).
- Metrics to measure:
- Fastest growing demo graphic is 55-64 age group.
- Visuals get more likes & shares.
- When to post:
- Evenings and weekends
- 2-3 posts per day
- What to measure
- Number of fans/likes
- Engagement – likes, comments & shares
- Click Through Rate
- Number of people who saw your post